High School Counseling
Transitioning to high school can be an exciting, uncertain, and anxious time for many eighth grade families. We also appreciate this process brings with it a range of emotions, questions, and concerns, so please peruse this page for all relevant information regarding independent, Catholic, parochial, public, and a selection of boarding schools.
To help get you started, you will find a quick bullet-pointed overview highlighting the key steps in the process.
Getting Started and Key Steps of the Process
- Explore websites and high school fairs to establish a shortlist of schools that interest your child (there is a list of links at the bottom of this page)
- Attend Open House events for your chosen schools
- Schedule campus tours (policies on tours may vary from school to school)
- Once your child feels the "fit" is right for them, fill out an application (see deadlines below)
- Each school has their own application criteria (feel free to contact the Westside School High School Counseling Team for advice, support, and assistance)
- Schedule a shadow day and interview
Stay in touch with your Westside School High School Counselor throughout the process, for guidance and support
High Schools in the Seattle Area
Below is a list of high schools in the Seattle area, with links to their websites. Please click on any of the schools that may interest you and read up on what they have to offer.