To keep tuition costs as low as possible while maintaining a strong educational program, Westside raises funds during the Westside School Fund in the fall and an annual Fundraising Event in the spring. The discrepancy between what tuition covers and the actual cost of a Westside education is $1,800 per student, or about 10% of the budget each year.
2020-2021 Fundraising Goals
Westside School Fund: $200,850
Westside in Bloom 2021 Virtual Spring Auction
- $125,000 for Tuition Assistance
- $170,000 in Unrestricted Giving for the Areas of Greatest Need
WESTSIDE IN BLOOM 2021 VIRTUAL SPRING AUCTION
Westside's annual spring auction is our biggest even and fundraiser of the year. Funds raised go towards Westside's educational program and the Tuition Assistance Program. Find out more on the Westside in Bloom website.
If you are in a position to give, please support the Westside School Fund and/or Westside in Bloom 2021 Virtual Spring Fundraiser. Gifts of all sizes are appreciated and make a direct impact on your student’s education.
20.21 PRIORITIES INCLUDE
- Teacher Compensation - Each year, around 70% of Westside’s budget goes towards salaries and benefits. Competitive compensation in an inspiring work environment allows Westside to attract and retain quality teachers. Despite lower enrollment due to COVID-19, Westside was able to keep every teacher under contract for the 2020-20201 school year.
- Tuition Assistance Program - Annual Fund donations allow us to meet an increase in request for tuition assistance due to COVID-19 and give a Westside education to all students regardless of their financial circumstances. For the 2020-2021 academic year 20% of students received financial support totaling $763,400, an increase of $191,194 from the 2019-2020 school year.
- Supporting our Program and Curriculum - Independent school teachers, including those at Westside School, have the freedom to create educational experiences that meet each child’s needs, without state mandates on curriculum, textbooks, and testing. This allows Westside School to be rigorous in developing the broadest possible range of skills and attributes in students to best prepare them for the world. This includes:
- Project Based Learning
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Anti-Racism Curriculum
- School-wide focus on arts, world languages and experiential learning
- Social-Emotional Learning Staying up to date on current information and best practices
- Safety and technology upgrades due to COVID - As schools across the country remain closed to in-person learning, Westside was able to adapt and create the safest space possible for our hybrid learning plan. Accessible technology, remote learning training and resources, as well as facilities upgrades have made this possible.
- Technology Advances
- New wireless hotspots for students who need access
- All students have updated laptops and ipads
- All teachers and staff have the most up to date technology and technology training
- Education and subscriptions to new remote learning platforms
- Facilities changes to make Westside safe
- HVAC System: upgraded to MERV-13 filters (higher particulate filtration)
- New equipment: the school bought two electrostatic sprayers. The sprayers ionize cleaning solution to help the solution adhere to surfaces quickly and efficiently. The school purchased two UV wands to disinfect items that aren't suitable to be sprayed.
- Increased general cleaning supplies
- Common spaces (lobby, hallways, bathrooms) are being cleaned. 3-4 times a day and classrooms are being deep cleaned every evening
- 12 new pop-up tents for outdoor learning
- Classroom thermometers, spare masks, hand sanitizer, and first aid kids for each classroom.
- Technology Advances