Transitioning to High School
Westside offers a variety of services and resources to assist current seventh and eighth graders as they embark on their high school journey.
Getting Started and Key Steps of the Process
- Explore websites and high school fairs to establish a shortlist of schools that interest your child.
- Attend Open House events for your chosen schools.
- Schedule campus tours (policies on tours may vary from school to school)
- Once your child feels the "fit" is right for them, fill out an application
- Each school has their own application criteria (feel free to contact the Westside School High School Counseling Team for advice, support, and assistance)
Schedule a shadow day and interview
High School Visits At Westside
Each fall, high school admissions representatives from parochial and independent schools visit Westside to meet with interested students.
The High School Search: A Family Guide
An up-to-date guide to the ins and outs of the high school search, including open houses, student visits, testing and more.