Westside at a Glance
Westside serves 323 students in preschool through eighth grade. For 38 years, the school has emphasized knowing and educating the whole child, learning by doing, and the cultivation of creativity across disciplines. Westside is located in the Arbor Heights neighborhood of West Seattle.
- STUDENT COMPOSITION
- FACULTY & STAFF
- CLASS SIZE
- EXTENDED DAY & AFTER SCHOOL ENRICHMENT
- TUITION (2019-2020 ACADEMIC YEAR)
- FINANCIAL AID
- ACCREDITATION & AFFILIATIONS
- Westside School offers an integrated, project-based lower school and middle school curriculum
- Westside School offers rich specialty classes, including world languages (Mandarin & Spanish), physical education, visual and performing arts
- Every class participates in field trips and outdoor education to enhance the learning experience. Overnight experiences begin in third grade.
- Read our Westside Stories blog here for an in-depth look at some of the things that happen in Westside's classrooms!
- Fourth through eighth grade athletics (no cut) include cross country, soccer, basketball, volleyball, and track
- Starting in kindergarten, students can participate in cross country meets
- Westside team coaches are made up of Westside parents, staff and faculty
- Early School Tuition:
Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten: $13,525
- Lower School Tuition:
Kindergarten through fourth grade: $16,975
- Middle School Tuition:
Fifth grade through eighth grade: $19,178
- Westside School offers need-based Financial Aid to families of students in Kindergarten through eighth grade
Westside School is
- approved by the Washington State Board of Education.
- a member of the National Association of Independent Schools
- a member of the Washington Federation of Independent Schools
- a member of Puget Sound Independent Schools
- a fully accredited member of the Northwest Association of Independent Schools
- a member of the Independent Curriculum Group