Events, Extracurriculars & Frequently Asked Questions
- What will Lower School look like this fall?
- What will Middle School look like this fall?
- What does a remote learning model look like?
- What does a hybrid learning model look like?
- Are there any changes to the 2020-2021 Major Dates calendar?
- What is happening with Westside’s fall events and extracurricular activities?
- Why has Westside prioritized returning younger students to campus earlier than middle school students?
- What if I prefer to keep my child home and participate in remote learning?
- Will students have recess?
- Will the Fall Outdoor Trips still happen?
- What health & safety precautions are you taking?
- How will you communicate with parents regarding remote learning and COVID-19?
- What happens if a teacher or student in my child’s cohort tests positive for Coronavirus or is exposed to someone who has?
- Has Westside School updated its air filtration system?
- Will visitors and parents be allowed on campus?
- Where will students eat snack and lunch?
- Will drop-off and pick-up times be the same?
- Will conferences be in-person or virtual?
- Will all students, staff, and faculty need to be tested before the start of school?
- What happens if a student develops symptoms while on campus?
- Who do I contact at the school if my child or someone in our household develops symptoms?
- What happens if someone in the Westside community tests positive for COVID-19?
- When will Westside School move to the next stage of our plan? How long after King County’s number of new cases drops below 75 per 100K residents will the school bring more students on campus?
If you have a question that remains unanswered after reviewing all of the pages of our Reopening & Remote Learning Hub, please contact the appropriate person:
For questions about health and safety...
Contact Pandemic Response Coordinator, Colleen McCullagh
For questions about lower school...
Lower School Head, Heather Moss
For questions about middle school...
Middle School Head, Meghan Waddle
For questions about technology...
Contact Director of Technology, Michael Le
For questions about learning support...
Contact Director of Learning Support and Instruction, Catey Roe
For questions about social-emotional learning...
Contact Director of Counseling and SEL, Adam Elder