Current Openings at Westside School
Located in the Arbor Heights neighborhood of West Seattle, Westside serves 350 students in preschool through eighth grade. For 35 years, the school has emphasized knowing and educating the whole child, learning by doing, and the cultivation of creativity across disciplines.
Why would you want to work at Westside?
- Westside uses collaborative teaching in grade-based groups so you'll meet frequently with the other members of your teaching team.
- We don't tend to brag, but we have amazing students and a small teacher/student ratio, so you'll have the opportunity to really get to know your students, their strengths and areas where they can be best stretched and supported.
- In Middle School, teachers lead Advisory groups that meet daily. These groups have ten or less students that gather together to work on homework together, check-in to see how their classes are going, play games, work together on project like Middle School Olympics, Trash Fashion Show, and our annual Cardboard Arcade.
- Our overnight Outdoor Education starts in 3rd grade, so Westside teachers have the opportunity to explore different parts of the state while getting to know their students in a unique capacity.
- Westside hosts a variety of professional development experiences throughout the year creating opportunities for growth for our staff and faculty.
- From a Bob Ross style painting night, to snowshoeing adventures, or community service removing blackberry bushes at a nearby park- we plan events and gatherings to optionally spend time together and build community off campus or after-hours.
Be part of an amazing team of staff who provide enrichment & after school activities, teach teamwork and social emotional skills, and support children as they grow and learn. You will help provide a safe place after school, with fun-filled activities that allow children to reach their fullest potential. Under the guidance of our EDP (Extended Day Program) Coordinator, EDP staff work with students to provide after school enrichments and activities. This individual is an integral part of the Westside School faculty, supports the mission, philosophy and policies of the school.
Reports to: EDP Coordinator
Hours/Days: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 2:00pm-6:00pm. Tuesday and Thursday’s 1:00pm-6:00pm (Flexible)
-Weeks where school is on break and we have camps may be up to 8 hours per day/40 hours per week.
-Schedule is subject to change based upon programming needs and requirements. You may be asked to work at other sites within the school as needed to cover shifts.
-This position has potential to be full-time during the summer.
- Organize and lead programs and activities such as: arts and crafts, organized games, cultural activities, drama, music, story hour, sports, field trips, and other special projects and events
- Work with other staff to ensure the care and safety of participants at all times
- Must be willing to complete training for certification in First Aid/CPR, Food Handlers Permit, HIV/AIDS blood-borne pathogens education, and STARS training
- Works cooperatively under the supervision of the EDP Coordinator.
- Facilitate after school activities, classes, check-in and check-out procedures.
- Attends scheduled staff meetings as required.
- Experience with large groups of children is preferred
- Current First Aid, CPR, and Food Handlers permit a plus
- If hired, must pass criminal background check
- If hired, must provide proof of eligibility to work in the US and valid government issued ID
This is a part-time, non-benefited position. High School Youth Welcomed to apply!
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBSTITUTE TEACHERSWestside School is looking for both teachers and instructional assistants with experience working with children in grades, pre-kindergarten and eighth grade, to add to our substitute roster. We also need substitutes for music and performing arts, Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, physical education, and visual arts.
The ideal candidate will be accessible for early morning calls. Candidates with partial availability during the week are also encouraged to apply. Please submit resume and references to email@example.com.
Westside School is an equal opportunity employer.
Westside School is an equal opportunity employer seeking to build a more culturally diverse workplace. Westside does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, economic status, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.