Current Openings at Westside School
Why would you want to work at Westside?
Our teachers and staff work collaboratively to inspire creativity, innovation, and to deepen our sense of community. Westside faculty are exceptionally qualified in their fields, committed to being lifelong learners, and are passionate about their work. Our academic structure places a high value on integrated curriculum and project-based learning, with intentional administrative support.
Working at Westside offers unique opportunities for enthusiastic teachers to implement an academic program that is challenging, stimulating, and nurturing, in alignment with our core values.
At Westside School, we value different backgrounds and ideas. Individuals from all cultures and communities are encouraged to apply.
Westside School's Diversity Statement: Westside School is committed to promoting inclusiveness, diversity and cultural competence in its education, employment practices, school community and governance. It views inclusiveness as a fundamental value, diversity as a key element and cultural competence as a vital skill necessary to prepare students to participate in and contribute to a global society. Westside uses the term, diversity, broadly to encompass differences in the attributes of individuals, families and communities.
SUMMER CAMP COUNSELOR
Westside School is recruiting for enthusiastic people who will help us deliver fun and creative summer day camp programs at Westside School for children ages 5-12. Help us inspire our campers and make this their best summer ever!
- Build and maintain a positive environment for all campers.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the camp areas during each activity period throughout the day.
- Supervise and ensure the safety of campers before and after program hours.
- Implement lesson plans for scheduled program times, which include provisions for a safe program opportunities and camper age and ability difference.
- Execute your lesson plans, as an integral part of the daily program, making changes, as they become necessary. Incorporate weekly themes into daily activities.
- Attend all training’s required for position.
- Maintain a positive relationship with parents, co-workers, supervisors.
- Willingness to take the initiative in daily activities and programs.
- All other duties as assigned.
- June 24 – August 16, 2019
- Monday – Friday, 25-40 hours per week
- Available shifts are 7:30am – 5:30pm but could just be am or pm depending on the program/schedule
- Mandatory pre-camp training and orientation will be scheduled
- Organize and lead programs and activities such as: arts and crafts, cooking, dance, drama, organized games, science, strategy and team-building activities, and a variety of sports
- Work with other staff to ensure the care and safety of participants at all times
- Must be willing to complete training for certification in First Aid/CPR and HIV/AIDS blood-borne pathogens education
- Eighteen years of age or older
- Experience with large groups on field trips is preferred
- Ability to commit to a full summer is strongly preferred
Email a cover letter and resume to DeandraJ@westsideschool.org.
Westside School is looking for both teachers and instructional assistants with experience working with children in grades, preschool and eighth grade, to add to our substitute roster. We also need substitutes for music and performing arts, Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, physical education, and visual arts.
The ideal candidate will be accessible for early morning calls. Candidates with partial availability during the week are also encouraged to apply. Please submit resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Westside School is an equal opportunity employer.
Westside School is an equal opportunity employer seeking to build a more culturally diverse workplace. Westside does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, economic status, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.