Goal #1: Prepare Our Students
Academic Excellence for a Global Future
Westside students develop essential 21st century skills and practices that prepare them to succeed as highly engaged creative thinkers who “connect their human spirit and imagination to learning.”
1. Invest in faculty professional development, staffing and curriculum that will strengthen Westside’s ability to serve the diversity of its student body.
2. Expand revenue driving enrichment programs that build on our current strengths.
3. Attract, support, and retain the highest quality of teachers.
4. Effectively adopt technology that deepens our ability to understand, challenge and support each student at Westside.
-Rebuild Westside’s preschool program
-Launch and maintain a Teacher Excellence Fund to support ongoing professional growth for faculty
- Expand on After-School, Summer and Learning Support program offerings
- Continue to develop school-wide programs for service and experiential learning
- Review and implement strong recruitment, development and retention plans for faculty
- Design, adopt and annually review a leading edge technology plan