5th grade students reflected today on their recent video documentation of all things great about being a student at Westside. We also talked about whether iPad use has helped us learn and any obstacles to success.
Students decided that we are need of a Dictionary App so that we don’t need to disrupt our work to go and look up a spelling or definition. 5th graders outlined requirements for the App:
- should work offline
- should display suggestions if a word is spelled incorrectly
- should have a thesaurus included
- should be virus-free
- ideally ad-free
The next step is to research possible solutions. Some students recommended that we look at Dictionary.com and Merriam-Webster, but noted that we should also search the App Store and look at ratings.
For the last 15 minutes of class, students broke up into groups. There were three choices today based on personal interest:
- use the interview footage to learn about editing, titling and audio in iMovie
- research the various dictionary Apps
- a super secret project that was begun last week with teacher Glyn