With students at the very core of our efforts, the families at Westside School are at the heart of a successful child. A healthy, respectful and collaborative partnership between home and school is the foundation for students to soar. Parents are encouraged to volunteer, finding the ways that work best for them – be it in your student’s classroom, for the school Spirit Auction, or for a Westside School Parent Association event.
Our campus supports our partnership with parents. They enjoy our wireless network and fresh hot coffee in our lobby made every morning, compliments of Caffe Umbria. This is all in an effort to make you feel welcome – this is your community and your school. Being involved means getting to know the school, your child(ren)’s friends, and other parents. If you want to feel informed and experience a sense of community, become involved. Parent volunteers, via the Parent Association, fundraising, and other activities provide thousands of hours to ensure the success of our school community.
Parents are held to the same high standard as all other members of the Westside School community. A commitment to open, honest, and supportive communication with your child’s teacher is critical. As ambassadors for the school, parents are encouraged to support the school in its efforts to provide an exemplary education. Concerns, questions and suggestions should be brought directly to the school.
A successful Westside School Family…
- Makes a long-term commitment to the school
- Has thought deeply about the match between Westside School's mission and values and the family’s values
- Is involved in school activities and events
- Is supportive of school programs and policies
- Is a positive, proactive ambassador within the school community and the community at large
- Supports the school’s fund raising activities