Westside at a Glance
Westside School at a Glance
School Profile 2014 – 2015
- 334 students
- Lower School (Pre-kindergarten – fourth grade) Enrollment: 215
- Middle School (fifth - eighth grade) Enrollment: 119
Faculty & Staff
- Westside School employs 31 (classroom and specialty) teachers, 15 instructional assistants, and 12 staff.
- Most teaching staff hold advanced degrees
- Our student/teacher ratio is approximately 9:1 for Lower School, and is slightly higher for Middle School.
- Pre-kindergarten – third grade, each class is staffed with a teacher and an instructional assistant.
- Pre-kindergarten class size is 15 students; Lower School ranges from 16 – 20, Middle School averages 14 – 15 per class
- Westside School offers an integrated, project based curriculum
- Westside School offers rich specialty classes, including world languages (Mandarin & Spanish,) physical education, art and music
- Every class participates in field trips and outdoor education to enhance the learning experience. Overnight experiences begin in first grade.
Extended Day & After School Enrichment
- Westside School offers before and after school care on a monthly (contracted) and drop-in basis
- Students have access to fee-based after school enrichment, including robotics, sewing, iPad animation, musical theatre and more
- Middle School sports (no cut) include cross country, basketball, volleyball, and track
Tuition (2014 - 2015 School Year)
Pre-Kindergarten - fourth grade $13,600
Fifth grade - Eighth grade $15,200
- 20% of Westside students receive need-based Tuition Assistance.
- Awards range from 10% to 90%, the average award being 50% of tuition.
- Westside School is accredited by the Northwest Association of Independent Schools (NWAIS.)