Westside at a Glance
Westside School at a Glance
School Profile 2012 – 2013
- 311 students in preschool – 7th grade. Westside will expand to include 8th grade fall 2013.
- Early School (preschool & prekindergarten) Enrollment: 46 students
- Lower School (kindergarten – 4th grade) Enrollment: 194 students
- Middle School (5th - 7th grade) Enrollment: 71 students
Faculty & Staff
- Westside employs 29 (classroom & specialty) teachers, 15 assistants, and 8 staff.
- Most teaching staff hold advanced degrees.
- Our student/teacher ratio is approximately 9:1 for Early & Lower School, and is slightly higher for Middle School.
- Preschool – 3rd grade, each class is staffed with a teacher and an assistant.
- Early School class size ranges 15 – 18 students; Lower School ranges from 16 – 20, Middle School averages 14 – 15 per class.
- Westside offers an integrated, project based curriculum.
- Westside offers rich specialty classes, including world languages (Mandarin & Spanish,) physical education, art and music.
- Every class participates in field trips to enhance the learning experience. Overnight experiences begin in 1st grade.
Extended Day & After School Enrichment
- Westside offers before and after school care on a monthly (contracted) and drop-in basis.
- Students have access to fee-based after school enrichment, including robotics, sewing, iPad animation, musical theatre and more.
- Middle School sports (no cut) include cross country, basketball, volleyball, and track.
Tuition (2012-2013 School Year)
Preschool Half Day Program $6,900
Kindergarten - 4th Grade $11,500
- 18% of Westside students receive need-based Tuition Assistance.
- Awards range from 10% to 90%, the average award being 50% of tuition.
- Westside School is accredited by the Pacific Northwest Association of Independent Schools (PNAIS.)