Westside at a Glance
Westside School at a Glance
School Profile 2014 – 2015
- 327 students
- Lower School (Pre-kindergarten – fourth grade) Enrollment: TBA
- Middle School (fifth - eighth grade) Enrollment: TBA
Faculty & Staff
- Westside employs 31 (classroom & specialty) teachers, 15 assistants, and 12 staff.
- Most teaching staff hold advanced degrees.
- Our student/teacher ratio is approximately 9:1 for Lower School, and is slightly higher for Middle School.
- Pre-kindergarten – third grade, each class is staffed with a teacher and an assistant.
- Pre-kindergarten class size is 15 students; Lower School ranges from 16 – 20, Middle School averages 14 – 15 per class
- Westside offers an integrated, project based curriculum
- Westside offers rich specialty classes, including world languages (Mandarin & Spanish,) physical education, art and music
- Every class participates in field trips to enhance the learning experience. Overnight experiences begin in first grade
Extended Day & After School Enrichment
- Westside offers before and after school care on a monthly (contracted) and drop-in basis
- Students have access to fee-based after school enrichment, including robotics, sewing, iPad animation, musical theatre and more
- Middle School sports (no cut) include cross country, basketball, volleyball, and track
Tuition (2014 - 2015 School Year)
Pre-Kindergarten - fourth grade $13,600
Fifth grade - Eighth grade $,15,200
- 20% of Westside students receive need-based Tuition Assistance.
- Awards range from 10% to 90%, the average award being 50% of tuition.
- Westside School is accredited by the Northwest Association of Independent Schools (NWAIS.)