Westside at a Glance
Westside School at a Glance
School Profile 2013 – 2014
- 327 students
- Lower School (Pre-kindergarten – 4th grade) Enrollment: 228 students
- Middle School (5th - 8th grade) Enrollment: 99 students
Faculty & Staff
- Westside employs 31 (classroom & specialty) teachers, 15 assistants, and 12 staff.
- Most teaching staff hold advanced degrees.
- Our student/teacher ratio is approximately 9:1 for Lower School, and is slightly higher for Middle School.
- Pre-Kindergarten – 3rd grade, each class is staffed with a teacher and an assistant.
- Pre-Kindergarten class size is 15 students; Lower School ranges from 16 – 20, Middle School averages 14 – 15 per class.
- Westside offers an integrated, project based curriculum.
- Westside offers rich specialty classes, including world languages (Mandarin & Spanish,) physical education, art and music.
- Every class participates in field trips to enhance the learning experience. Overnight experiences begin in 1st grade.
Extended Day & After School Enrichment
- Westside offers before and after school care on a monthly (contracted) and drop-in basis.
- Students have access to fee-based after school enrichment, including robotics, sewing, iPad animation, musical theatre and more.
- Middle School sports (no cut) include cross country, basketball, volleyball, and track.
Tuition (2013-2014 School Year)
Pre-Kindergarten - 4th Grade $12,100
5th grade - 8th grade $14,100
- 18% of Westside students receive need-based Tuition Assistance.
- Awards range from 10% to 90%, the average award being 50% of tuition.
- Westside School is accredited by the Northwest Association of Independent Schools (NWAIS.)