If you are interested in working in an independent school, check for job postings on the Northwest Association for Indpendent School's (NWAIS) website.
Current Openings at Westside School
Lower School Teachers
Posting Date: April 3, 2015
Application Deadline: April 24, 2015
Start Date: August 2015
Westside School, located in West Seattle, is searching for one or more Lower School Teachers (emphasis on primary grades) to join our growing program for the 2015-2016 school year. This is an opportunity to join our community of learners and shape the future of Westside School, which has a strong tradition of creative, child-centered, joyful learning. We will begin the 2015 school year in a brand new, state-of-the-art campus currently in the final months of construction.
The successful candidate(s) will have the following personal and professional attributes:
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher
· WA State Teacher Certification or the equivalent
· Experience teaching at the Elementary Level preferably in an Independent School environment
· Strong knowledge of content pedagogy in elementary education
· Experience teaching developmentally appropriate lessons to students with a variety of learning styles
· Ability and willingness to work collaboratively with other adults as members of a collaborative, positive, professional faculty
· Appreciation for interdisciplinary, project-based learning
· Awareness of 21st Century Learning, including the use of technology integration
· Joy, passion, energy, caring and commitment to students
· A genuine love of children and a belief all children are capable learners.
Westside School is a place where students thrive in a safe, caring and inclusive community environment. Westside School teachers are supportive adults who advocate, nurture and support students with an engaging and challenging instructional program. Westside School is an equal opportunity employer. Compensation is competitive and includes medical, dental and retirement benefits.
To apply, please send a resume, a brief statement of educational philosophy and a letter of inquiry and supporting documents to Arionda Feeney, Lower School Head, to the school address or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Substitute Teachers for 2014-2015
Westside School is looking for substitute teachers with experience working with children in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade to add to our substitute roster. We also need substitutes for music and performing arts, Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, physical education, and visual arts. The ideal candidate will be accessible for early morning calls and have the ability to work from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Please submit resume and references to email@example.com.
Westside School is an equal opportunity employer.