If you are interested in working in an independent school, check for job postings on the Northwest Association for Indpendent School's (NWAIS) website.
Current Openings at Westside
Westside School has an outstanding opportunity for a Development Associate providing support to the Advancement Program involving Grant Writing. The Associate will be responsible for operating the school’s database system as it pertains to fundraising, supporting the efforts of parent volunteers, coordinating school community events, grant writing, and project managing communication materials.
- Processes gifts and provides receipts and records for donors as necessary
- Ensures the tracking of all relevant data and enters appropriate information to the database
- Balances monies received with the Business Office
- Pulls reports and queries from the database as needed by Director of Development
- Administrative Support to the Director of Development and other areas of Advancement
- Edits communication and manages production of collateral materials
- Order and maintain all stationery needs for campaigns and programs
- Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate foundation and individual donors
- Coordinate all logistics of advancement related trainings, meetings and celebrations
- Manage special event design and logistics, including catering, venue, event materials, site set-up and clean-up, volunteer coordination, and other details
- Track expenditures to stay within budget
- Design and coordinate invitation mailings and follow-up calls/emails for school events
- Bachelor of Arts degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Requires a minimum of three years of experience combining Non-profit development, database management, special event support, organization, and execution
- Experience with capital campaigns and grant writing highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple events and tasks, and to manage details and deadlines
- Must have high level of accuracy and attention to detail in all types of communications and projects
- Excellent organizational and communications skills (written and verbal) is required
- Demonstrated ability to maintain pleasant and effective relationships with colleagues and constituents, and to work effectively both independently and as a member of the development team
- Demonstrate high level of proficiency in a Windows/PC environment, including Microsoft Office and donor management software
- Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Independent school experience preferred; interest in education a plus
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid Washington State driver’s license for ability to assist with event planning
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required
- Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check is required
We offer an excellent benefits/compensation package, as well as flexible business work hours. To apply, please submit your resume here.
Westside School is looking for substitute teachers with experience working with children in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade to add to our substitute roster. We also need substitutes for music and performing arts, Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, physical education, and visual arts. The ideal candidate will be accessible for early morning calls and have the ability to work from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Please submit resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Westside School is an equal opportunity employer.