If you are interested in working in an independent school, check for job postings on the Northwest Association for Indpendent School's (NWAIS) website.
Current Openings at Westside
Middle School Humanities Teacher
Posting Date: February 11, 2015
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Start Date: August, 2015
Westside School is searching for an experienced, collaborative and creative seventh Grade Humanities Teacher to join our growing Middle School for the 2015 - 2016 school year. Located in West Seattle, Westside School is continuing to expand its Middle School program, which encompasses grades five through eight. This is a unique opportunity to join our community of learners and shape the future of Westside school. We will begin the 2015 school year in a brand new, state-of-the-art campus currently under construction. Westside School has a 1:1 iPad program in the Middle School, and an active expectation teachers will be comfortable with the use of integrated technology in and out of the classroom; we also expect faculty involvement in our outdoor/experiential education program; our advisory program and our enrichment/elective classes for students.
The successful candidate(s) will have the following personal and professional attributes:
· Bachelor’s Degree or Higher
· Experience teaching at the Middle School Level, preferably in an Independent School environment.
· Strong knowledge of content pedagogy in Language Arts and Social Studies
· Experience in developmental instructive techniques appropriate to a variety of learning styles, particularly highly capable and engaged learners
· Compassion and respect for the social/emotional needs of middle-school aged adolescents
· Ability to work collaboratively with other adults as members of the middle school team
· An integrated, holistic, rigorous, project-based teaching style
· Awareness of 21st Century learning pedagogy
· Joy, passion, energy and committment
Westside School is a place where students thrive in a safe, caring and inclusive community environment. Westside School teachers are supportive adults who advocate, nurture, and support students with an engaging, challenging and rigorous instructional program.
Compensation is competitive and includes medical, dental and retirement benefits.
To apply, please send a resume, a brief statement of educational philosophy and a letter of inquiry and supporting documents to Kate Mulligan, Head of School to the school address or email to employment@WestsideSchool.org.
Substitute Teachers for 2014-2015
Westside School is looking for substitute teachers with experience working with children in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade to add to our substitute roster. We also need substitutes for music and performing arts, Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, physical education, and visual arts. The ideal candidate will be accessible for early morning calls and have the ability to work from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Please submit resume and references to email@example.com.
Westside School is an equal opportunity employer.