Westside School is
- approved by the Washington State Board of Education.
- a member of the National Association of Independent Schools
- a member of the Washington Federation of Independent Schools
- a member of Puget Sound Independent Schools
- a fully accredited member of the Northwest Association of Independent Schools
- a member of the Independent Curriculum Group
As a fully accredited member of NWAIS, Westside has undergone a rigorous seven year cycle of self-study process and review. It's a process that both holds us to the highest standards of conduct and operations, and asks us to reflect upon our school-wide practices around teaching and learning, culture, leadership and management. Westside School last hosted an accreditation team in February of 2012. We will conduct our next self-study during the 2018 - 2019 academic year, and host our next visiting team in 2019 - 2020.
To assist schools in fulfilling their mission to provide high quality education for children by promoting and protecting the independence of our schools, by representing the interest of our schools, and by fostering collegial relationships and ethical leadership within our schools.
- Free and Open Inquiry
- Commitment to Diversity
- Ongoing School Improvement
- Collegial Relationships and Ethical Leadership
- Commitment to the Public Good
- Effective Governance and Operations
- Physical Location or Place
- Primary Focus of Academic Education
- Commitment to the Best Interests of Children